4.1.11

Review: Maybelline Dream Satin Liquid Foundation

Towards the end of November I ran out of my Holy Grail foundation (Benefit's Play Stick in Spin the Bottle) and decided to try something new (and cheaper) for a change...

I wandered into Boots and perused the displays for about 20 minutes (I am incredibly indecisive) until I approached the Maybelline stand. I religiously used the Dream Matte Mousse when I was younger, and absolutely loved it so I decided to retry it.... but unfortunately it was sold out in my colour!!

Then I spotted the Dream Satin Liquid foundation so I decided to give it a try, and I have absolutely fallen in love.

I applied this foundation using my 187 stippling brush, and it goes on easily and evenly. Unlike other Maybelline foundations I have used in the past, it doesn't cling to dry patches on the skin. The foundation dries within seconds, leaving a matte finish, an essential for someone with oily skin like mine. The product provides medium coverage, which can be built up to give fuller coverage if needed, without looking cakey.

I usually pair this foundation with my Mac Studio Fix powder as a top coat, because it adds to the mattified look (which I strive for). When paired together, my foundation stays firmly in place all day, even despite my oily skin. I absolutely adore this foundation, and have completely switched up my routine to include this and I haven't repurchased my Benefit foundation since first using this product.

Though there are downsides to this product (such as the small colour range, featuring only eight colours: nude, ivory, fawn, sand, cameo, sun beige, light porcelain and cocoa), the positives seriously outweigh them and I would definitely recommend trying this product, if you haven't already.

Rating: 

No comments: