31.10.10

Review: Alva Rhassoul Volcanic Mineral Clay

With college worries stressing me (and my skin) out of late, I have been searching high and low for the perfect skincare product to rid me of my (visible) woes. It is for this reason that I decided to test our Alva's Rhassoul Mineral Clay.

Alva Rhassoul is a skincare range created to "cleanse problem skin". The selected ingredients are specifically aimed at blemished or combination skin, that gets oily very quickly. The MyPure website lists the following benefits of Alva Rhassoul Mineral Clay:

♥ Skin Appearance Improves
♥ Spots and Blackheads Disappear
♥ Skin Elasticity Increases
♥ Deep Pore Cleansing
♥ Effective Cleansing

It also states that this product "delivers valuable minerals into the skin whilst eliminating dirt, toxins and infection causing bacteria. It is perfect for those who want to make their own deep cleansing skincare products". This product is well suited to people with sensitive skin and allergies, but works very well on oily, acne-prone skin.

Directions for Use
1. Add 3-4 tablespoons of warm water to a bowl.
2. Add powder to the water, stirring slowly until a gel/paste is formed
3. Add essential oils (optional)
4. Apply to the skin with fingers
5. Leave for a few minutes and wash off with warm water.

Having used this product several times, I noticed that my skin felt much more soft and supple. I also felt squeaky clean and super moisturised, without being greasy/oily. However, the process was pretty messy and the product doesn't look or smell that great - it's not an unpleasant scent, just a bit strange. I didn't use essential oils in mine, but I would advise trying that out... it might make the scent a little more pleasant.

Personally, I found that the clay mask was tough to wash off and after two uses, I resorted to applying this product pre-shower so that I could scrub it off properly, without making too much mess. I noticed that my skin felt a bit flushed after using it, but that could have been as a result of the excessive scrubbing and showering.

Overall, I liked the results that this product provided, but there are tonnes of face masks out there that smell better and are easier to use and wash off.

If you want to read more about this product, or to purchase your own box, you can check out the MyPure website.

Rating: 6/10

(ps: my camera is being bratty... I will try to upload the photos tomorrow)


Please note: I was sent this product free of charge, but was not compensated for this review. All opinions expressed are my own - they are completely honest and unbiased. I am not affiliated with any of the above mentioned companies.

2 comments:

Sparklz and Shine said...

The liz Earle clay mask comes with some small sponges for removal. Maybe something like that would help here? Great review. Thanks

Anonymous said...

А! This will be a terrific web page, might you be interested in doing an interview regarding just how you created it? If so e-mail me!