5.9.10

30 Day Tag - Day 21

Day 21 - A recipe

I am not ashamed to say that I make a truly delicious spaghetti bolognese... here's how I do it:

Ingredients (Serves 4)
450g x minced meat
1/2 large onion (white or red)
6 x button mushrooms
250ml x kidney beans
1 x red pepper
2 x pinch of cumin
1 x Dolmio bolognese sauce
1 x squirt of ketchup!!
as much as you want of either pasta, spaghetti, rice or potatoes

Method
Step 1
Heat a frying pan with a little bit of oil (not too hot) and put on whatever carb you are using to boil (I use either pasta, spaghetti, rice or potatoes)
Step 2
Add the mince to the frying pan, and cook until brown all over
Step 3
Wash and chop your veggies - you can really add any vegetables that you want, I tend to mix it up a fair bit
Step 4
Add a generous pinch of cumin to the frying minced meat (add this at any point during the browning, it doesn't matter when...)
Step 5
Add the "hard" veggies to the mince, once it is brown... I add the onions and kidney beans at the point
Step 6
Cooking time will vary, depending on how crunchy you like your veggies to be - I like mine quite crunchy so I only leave it frying for about 3-4 minutes
Step 7
Add the other veggies to the pan (mushrooms, peppers etc) and simmer for a further 5 minutes.
Step 8
Add the dolmio sauce, a squirt of tomato ketchup (trust me on this one!!) and another pinch of cumin.
Step 9
Serve... and enjoy!

No comments: