25.5.10

Review: Kosmea Eight Natural Wonder Revitalising Facial Serum

Next up on my MyPure review list is a product from Kosmea, another Australian company, who produces a "complete range of skin care based around organic rosehip oil". Kosmea boasts that all their products are suitable for every skin type, and that you can use their products all year round.

The lovely ladies and gents over at MyPure sent me a bottle of Kosmea's Eight Natural Wonder Revitalising Facial Serum, which uses patented anti-wrinkle technology and "instantly lifts dull and tired skin", to try out. You can read more about this product on MyPure's website by clicking HERE.
I first used this in the morning, and my initial reaction was not a positive one. I found that, after I applied this product, my face felt sticky, and I had to wait about 10 minutes before applying my makeup. As it is, I get up at 6:20am to commute to work, and I don't see myself getting up 10 minutes early to use this!!
Although I was initially unimpressed, I decided to give this product a chance to redeem itself, and decided to use it as part of my nighttime routine, when I have 10 minutes to spare. Second time around, I was more impressed - my skin felt remarkably soft and moisturised, once the initial stickyness had subsided!!

Scent
I really didn't like the smell of this product - I found it a bit overpowering, and that is saying something because I am a Lush fiend and I usually love heavily scented products.

Price/Size
This product is a little bit pricey for a broke student like me at £25 for a 20ml bottle and £49.99 for a 50ml bottle.

Skin Types
Once again, I enlisted my mother's help for this review. These are the results we complied:

Oily v Dry (Moisturiser)
Oily skin (me): Sticky at first, then moisturised
Dry skin (mummy): Very sticky, and then relatively well moisturised (she wasn't too impressed)

My mum reckons the stickyness was awful on her dry skin, because it felt very tight and uncomfortable, whereas I just didn't particularly like it!! However, we both noted an increase in moisture levels after we had used the product!!

Young v Mature (Anti-Wrinkle Technology)
Young skin (me, age 22): Moisturised, soft, "supple" according to my boyfriend
Mature skin (mummy, age 50+): No real difference noted, but reckons her skin was more moisturised!!

As an anti-ageing product, with "anti-wrinkle" technologies, this product should help prevent wrinkles in young skin and limit their appearance in older skin. I will have to get back to you about the wrinkles, because I didn't have any before I started using this, and I still don't. I will, however, monitor my mummy's (very few) wrinkles and see if they magically disappear over the coming weeks!!

Overall Opinion and Rating
To be perfectly honest, I'm not mad about this product... and my mum really dislikes it. As I have oily skin, I never have an overwhelming need for an intense moisturier - most work well for me, and to that end, I doubt I'll be repurchasing this product.

Unfortunately, I'm rating this a low 3/10 (only redeemable quality is the moisture it added to my skin... marks lost all over the place for scent, price, and stickyness!!)

Hope you enjoyed this review, and apologies that it wasn't more positive!!
Take care,

Please note: I was sent this product free of charge, but was not compensated for this review. All opinions expressed are my own - they are completely honest and unbiased. I am not affiliated with any of the above mentioned companies.

No comments: