27.1.10

Haul and Review: Sally Hansen Maximum Growth Nail Polish

I have always had brittle nails, and tend to shy away from painting my nails because nail polish remover makes my nails unbearably dry and flaky. I am pretty sure that I am not the only one with this problem.

I am a huge fan of Sally Hansen fake tan, and when a friend of mine said that she uses their nail polishes, I was more than willing to try it out for myself. I went to Tesco yesterday and checked out the selection. Most of the nail hardening polishes were in the region of €8-10, but I didn't want to blow that much money on a thus-far untested product!! Instead, I picked up the "Maximum Growth" polish which was €5.
The polish says it provides "powerful protection for short, problem nails" and that describes me to a tee!! I am dying to have long, strong, pretty nails that I can paint :)


The bottle is pretty big - bigger than your average nail polish bottle. I tried it out this morning, even though I was in a bit of a rush, but it applies easily and dries really quickly. It is not runny, like some nail polishes can be, and the brush is stiff enough to give you good control of the application.

The polish comes with instructions, and they tell you to layer on the polish over regular nail polish (I used a clear colour) for 5 days, and then remove it all and repeat the process. As I only started using this today, I have not used this long enough to test how well it works... but I'll keep you all updated on how this works out for me.

For now, here is a picture of my ugly, but shiny nails (please excuse the hands - I sprained my fingers on Monday and they're still swollen and gross. Bending my fingers really hurt, so I'll be waiting until I'm fully better before I try to photograph my nails again!!)


Take care my lovelies xx

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great blog you got here. It would be great to read something more about this matter. The only thing it would also be great to see on this blog is a few pics of any devices.

Kate Stepman
buy cell phone jammers